Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome!




Hi All!



So I feel like I have so much to say about how excited Jonas and I are that we are almost 5 months away from being "The Mitchell's." There is so much to tell since we have been planning pretty much the day after we got engaged. We were on vacation and we went to Michael's in Myrtle Beach, SC to get things to send out to the bridesmaid's, asking if they would do me the honor of being in our wedding! We put them together on the kitchen table of our beach condo-it was so fun!!
I can honestly say that I have THE BEST fiance' in the world. God has really blessed me with someone so willing and able to help me with all of this planning!!!

So since I am starting this blog a little late, I figured I would catch up everyone interested in my so called life and give you some updates as to what we've accomplished so far!!



#1 THE DATE/LOCATION

We will exchange our vows to one another (written ourselves) on June 19, 2009. The ceremony will be held at LifePoint Church in Reisterstown, Maryland. We have a great church family! The reception will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Timonium, Maryland. They have just newly renovated the hotel and it is stunning! I can't wait to see the room filled with everyone we love! I get chills thinking about it :-)

#2 THE HONEYMOON

We got a great deal from Liberty Travel on our honeymoon to Punta Cana, which is located in the Dominican Republic. We will be staying at the brand new Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. The resort is all inclusive and offers several restaurants on site, a spa (yes please!), swim up bar, jacuzzi in our room, the whole nine. We will be leaving for our first trip as husband and wife on Monday June 21, two days after we are married (staying in MD for the weekend to spend some extra time with family and friends who took off and flew into town). We will return on the following Sunday and are planning to take that Monday off too so we can set up our house a little bit (will describe details to that later in this little post).
#3 Our Colors Scheme


As soon as we were engaged (and a little beforehand I must confess) I was thinking about colors for our wedding, trying to incorporate a palate that would compliment both of our personalities and likes. At first, we decided on royal blue and salmon orange but after seeing the two colors together when we went on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses, we decided we needed something softer. After comparing dresses and colors which worked together, Serene blue and Champagne is what we went with.


#4 Bridesmaid Attire/Flower Girl Dresses

Back in early fall, two of my best friends, Lindsay and Kristi (both in the wedding) and Laurie Mitchell (Jonas's mom) and myself went down to David's bridal to look at dresses. We decided on a simple tea length dress with a sash across the waist in champagne. At first, since I have two maid
of honors (My sister Carrie & Lindsay) we were thinking about having their dresses be opposite the bridesmaid but recently we decided it would be too busy and decided against it. I can't wait to see everyone in them!!! It's going to be a great day and I hope everyone likes the dress enough to wear it again. I tried to not make it a 27 Dresses type of dress that would go in a closet never to be seen again, we shall see!! The picture to the left is the color of our dress and the sash but we are going with a different style and are not using the under skirt in champagne, just the sash around the waist. What do ya think??
Sweet Beginnings - L102

Our little princess's will be wearing an adorable dress I found from DeMario Bridal in Westminster, Maryland. They are white and have flowers which were were able to match the sash on the bridesmaid's dresses-super cute!

#5 THE DRESS

In September, my mother, future mother in law and grandmother travelled to Glen Burnie, MD to David's Bridal. We traced the ailes picking out dresses, some tailored, some lacy, some with beads, etc. I tried on dress after dress and it seemed that the day could end with us walking out with frusteration at one another for not all agreeing on one dress but luckily, that wasn't the case! It was about the 10th dress and I tried it, loved it! I turned around and from the look on everyone else's face, they loved it to. NO MORE! We all had someone different ideas of what the dress should look like so when there was agreement, I jumped all over it! Order away! Out of caution, I won't explain what it looks like for fear of my FI looking at the blog at somepoint. I will say this, I feel like a beautiful bride whenever I put it on and I can't wait to see Jonas waiting for me. Since we ordered that day in September, I received the dress in early December and it is now at Just Sew Sew in Westminster, MD getting alterations made. I'm hoping I won't fluctuate too much in weight from now to June! I'm not going to be one of those brides who kills herself trying to lose weight for wedding day. I actually weigh 5 lbs less than I did when I graduated from high school, so although some of the lacrosse/volleyball muscle is not what it used to be, I am not complaining!

#4 Flowers

I went to the florist in early January. We are using Ripple's Florist located in our hometown-Eldersburg, Maryland. We sat down and I think she could tell I had no idea what I was talking about!! I'm clueless when it comes to flowers but Tammi was very helpful! Shoutout! Since our wedding colors are blue and champagne it left us looking at flowers that either were blue or could be dyed blue. After looking through books and pictures, we decided that hydrangea's would be the best choice. For the girls, they will carry blooms of blue hydrangea's wrapped in ribbon. My bouquet will be all white with mini calla lilies, hydrangea's and stock (whatever that is). The guys boutonnieres will be light blue delphinium's. I learned that hydrangea's, when cut off of their bloom do not last for very long. That is why we chose a different flower for the fellas to wear.

I know everything will come together! That is the info about what we have going on so far...stay tuned for more details :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment